Mercy Medical Center - Abandonment and unprofessionalism

Arbutus, Maryland 21227

(410) 247-0837 traymond51@hotmail.com

______________________________________________________________________________

BEWARE OF MERCY HOSPITAL/MERCY MEDICAL CENTER AND DR. PAUL THULUVATH

I was admitted to Mercy as a clinical trial study patient of Dr. Paul Thuluvath, which consisted of a brutal 48 week treatment of chemotherapy. Thuluvath made the treatment worse by his verbal abuse, and the stress related to repeated bills which I was not responsible for. He told me after my treatment, I was cured.

My last scheduled visit to him, he unsympathetically told me that I was not cured, and that I should have called him instead of driving to the hospital. I reminded him I had a scheduled appointment, and was following his instructions. Instead I wasted my time, my gas, and my parking fees. Thuluvath said I was discharged as a patient. Although at that last meeting, he assured me he would contact me when a new treatment would become available, I never heard from him again. Instead, he just abandoned me to possible death from liver disease.

Consequently, when I read of new treatments available, I had to search for another doctor and seek a new treatment. Thuluvath and Mercy caused me much stress during the entire course of treatment. All bills were supposed to be covered by Mercy and Thuluvath according to the conditions of the study. Instead, I kept getting bills throughout the course of my treatment, and months after it had concluded. I spent many hours dealing with Mercy’s Billing Department, and Mercy’s Patient Relations Department, and finally the pharmaceutical company, all to no avail. I approached Thuluvath for a solution. They all told me it was Thuluvath’s responsibility to ensure I would not be billed. Rather than trying to resolve the situation, Thuluvath told me he would terminate me from the study. I have made complaints about Thuluvath to Mercy Hospital. They took no action, and he has suffered no reprimand. Now I will initiate complaints on the internet about Thuluvath and Mercy. I hope and expect that these reviews will encourage other prospective patients to choose a doctor and hospital who really cares about their patients. Thuluvath is an arrogant, unprofessional, self-centered and rude doctor, and more importantly a despicable and extremely unpleasant poor excuse of a human being. I have made complaints about you to Mercy Hospital. I hope and expect that these reviews will encourage other prospective patients to choose a doctor and hospital who really cares about their patients.

I invite anyone to contact me for additional information.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mercy Medical Center Gastroenterology Doctor.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 03.

Mercy Medical Center - Poor medical care

I have been going to this hospital for a few years. They are very poor at diagnosing problems, and seem more eager to run expensive tests and hand out drugs then anything.

My most recent (and final) encounter with them went like this: About 18 monthes ago I went there with knee and leg pain. The first doctor I saw did nothing but give me pain pills. I tried another doctor (Vasques) who added some more drugs. He then had an xray done, followed by a cortisone shot in the knee.

The pain got worse every day, so I went back to him. He had me do an MRI. After waiting a full week for results, I called and was told he was too busy to look at the MRI. I continued calling, but never got past their answering machine.

When he did finally look at it, he didn't bother to call me to discuss the results. Instead he referred me to Iowa Ortho, who called me to set up an appointment. I tried again to call him to find the results of the MRI, and spoke to a nurse. She yold me that the MRI showed osteoathritis, and a possible torn ACL.

Had he bothered to discuss it with me, he should have determined that my job aggravates the injury. His failure to do so has sentenced me to an additional week og full duty work before I am able to go to Iowa Ortho to determine the severity.

I fear that every day I go to work is causing further damage. I am facing a possible disability and feel that the doctors at mercy dont care.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 21, 2013.